Saturday 16 May 2009

a test of understanding

Fill in the gaps with the correct phrase from below and ONLY THEN click on the “gap” box to check your answer.


come to an understanding
give somebody to understand
have an understanding
on the understanding that
understand somebody’s meaning


Dear Travian Terror,
I am writing in order to introduce myself - I am the latest recipient of your aggression. This morning you saw fit to send 50 Clubswingers to my village in order to raid it. This action led to the loss of many resources and soldiers on my part.
I have been by other players that you are a gentleman and would be willing to vis-à-vis any future raids. In this regard, I would happily venture to pay you some kind of tribute, if you.
I would only do this your soldiers see fit to visit villages other than mine in the future.
If you could let me know whether or not we I would be most grateful.
In humble obeisance,
yours sincerely
Ambrose Allan

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Collocation of the Week by Dr Myers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.