Saturday 27 December 2008

get in a test!

Fill in the gaps with the correct phrase from below and ONLY THEN click on the “gap” box to check your answer.

get in (x5)

‘Ma? Yes, yes – it’s Joanne. Just a quick call to let you know we’ve just . I know. It was awful. We didn’t to Heathrow until 9 - French air traffic controllers on strike as usual - I thought Sarkozy said he'd sort the unions out once he , but obviously not. Anyway, we were standing at the airport when our Sarah got a text from her friend Macy telling her that she'd to college. I know. We’re very proud. And we all thought she was stupid when she was a baby, d’you remember? The vacant stare, yes. And the dribble. That’s right, Ma. Anyway, I haven’t told you the worst of it. When we got back, we discovered Jack had lost the keys. I know. Should have given them to Sarah, I said, she’s the clever one. Still, all’s well now, as we used Jack’s head to smash the back door window and we managed to that way. Yes. Made of wood probably. Bye Ma.’

2 comments:

Uee said...

This sounds more like a monologue rather than a dialogue ... To be honest, I think she was talking to an answering machine ... Poor girl, she thinks that answerphone is her ma...

Anonymous said...

Hello Юлия, I fear you may have uncovered some dark secret here of which I was unaware.

 
Creative Commons License
Collocation of the Week by Dr Myers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.